In 2023, YouTube has introduced updated monetization policies, allowing content creators to earn more money on the platform. These changes, effective from February 1, 2023, bring exciting opportunities for creators to monetize their channels. This article will delve into the new YouTube monetization requirements and discuss various ways to earn revenue, including the recent focus on Shorts videos.
YouTube Monetization Requirements in 2023:
YouTube has lowered its monetization requirements, enabling creators to monetize their channels at an earlier stage. The following are the updated requirements for both Fan-Funded and AdSense monetization:
To monetize through fan funding options such as Super Chat, Super Stickers, Super Thanks, Channel Memberships, and YouTube Shopping Products, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Channel must have a minimum of 500 subscribers.
- At least 3 valid public uploads within the last 90 days.
- 3000 valid public watch hours in the past year, or
- 3 million valid public Shorts views.
To enable AdSense monetization on your channel, which includes earning revenue through advertisements, the requirements are as follows:
- Channel must have a minimum of 1000 subscribers.
- 4000 public watch hours in the last 12 months, or
- 10 million public Shorts views in the last 90 days.
Note: The watch hours from Shorts videos will not count towards the 4000 public watch hours required for AdSense monetization. More Info click here.
Expanding Opportunities for Shorts Creators:
With the new monetization policies, YouTube opens the doors for Shorts creators to earn revenue through AdSense. Creators who primarily focus on Shorts videos can now monetize their content and expect better revenue on their channels. However, it’s important to note that YouTube will introduce eligibility criteria for Fan Funding sometime in 2023.
Tips for Monetizing Your Channel:
To expedite the monetization process and maximize your earning potential, here are a few industry tips:
- Diversify your revenue streams: Explore various monetization options offered by YouTube, such as brand-funded and fan-funded avenues.
- Create engaging Shorts content: Take advantage of the increased monetization opportunities for Shorts videos by producing captivating and high-quality content.
- Build an active subscriber base: Focus on growing your subscriber count, as it plays a crucial role in meeting the monetization requirements and attracting advertisers.
- Stay updated with YouTube guidelines: Adhere to YouTube’s content policies and guidelines to maintain a compliant channel and avoid any monetization restrictions.
YouTube’s updated monetization policies in 2023 present exciting prospects for content creators to earn revenue. By meeting the revised requirements and exploring various monetization avenues, such as Fan Funding and AdSense, creators can unlock new opportunities for financial success on the platform. Embrace these changes, create compelling content, and watch your YouTube channel thrive in the era of enhanced monetization.